There are SO MANY WAYS to keep dancing! Remember, just three hours a week of challenging your balance (dancing being a FUN way) is shown by research to reduce falls risk! Start today!
Ballroom Basics for Balance has been growing and changing with this past year. We are ready to offer you some new classes!
See our Classes webpage for ALL the details.
Spring 2021 – sponsored by Madison Senior Center
- Krista and Atala continue their amazing class with a new series on Fridays from 10a – 11a, starting 09 April.
- NEW! “Next Steps” BB4B is an intermediate offering for those who have taken the class in the past and those looking for more of a challenge! Starting 07 April, Wednesdays for six (6) weeks – to get us to the warmer weather for more in-person offerings!
Summer 2021 – Get ready for OPEN AIR CLASSES! Stay tuned to this list and our Classes webpage for new offerings as soon as they are here.
What does Fall bring? Hopefully even more in-person classes. Virtual, too? We hope so! It has been wonderful to have you here from across the state and the country this year!
Non-BB4B offerings –
- We highly recommend the Dance for PD classes! Take advantage of these joyful, artful offerings by company members of the famed Mark Morris Dance Company from NYC! Appropriate for ALL people, and created with those who have Parkinsons.
- Check out YouTube! Really!
- So many people have bumped up their virtual offerings…there are riches!
- Simply type in the dance style you would like. Or search for “beginner [dance style]” or “simple [dance style]”.
- For example, I found this WONDERFUL line dance (Jerusalema) and the channel it came from – “Beginner Dance Tutorials” – I love that the teacher says “it’s all about moving and having fun…if you are moving, you are doing it right!”
I am going to steal this dance and use it in my next in-person offering!
We’d love to see you, or at least hear from you, soon!